Sunday, April 30, 2006

Back in bangalore after just about a year

Well....its back to fun, crowded and young bangalore. This time to work in an indian company. Will be sharing an apartment with another ISB friend who works at Amazon. I basically wasted time over the last two days as I had closed my deal very early in the piece.

I start work on Wednesday and in a wait and watch mode to see how it goes rite now.

On an aside, I consider this blog like dumbledore's Pensieve and when i upload my thoughts on it i feel greatly relieved. One such thing has troubled me over the past two days....after reading V.S Naipaul's work on india....He may be a booker prize winner, but i feel he has over represented the downsides, which are out in the open unlike some other countries in the world. His work is so depressing, that anyone who wants to come back to india, would drop thier ideas.

Naipaul's critique on gandhi however, was very interesting and his observation of the short term memory of the people of india over the centuries is indeed inspiring. But what he fails to realize is that he judjes the level of development as compared to western countries, which have a much shorter civilized history as compared to this country......He talks of the failure of the hindu Religion, but fails to realize that Hinduism is a way of life rather than a religion.

His point of view is rather short sighted and I do not understand the reason behind such a critical work on india...maybe he was in denial that he also was part indian!!!

Anyways....I feel lighter now!

Laterz

2 comments:

Ayshu said...

KArthik..
How has the first week been?Which work of VS Naipul did ya read??

Karthik said...

Ayshu,

I read India: A wounded Civilization.....it cam highly recommended. Ya Iam at work now...but really dunno wat Iam upto there there yet :)

Anshul,

Iam glad that u agree. If you need any specific assistance, do email me at karthik70@yahoo.com and Iam quite sure I can help you out with any question that you have.

Karthik,

I meant it figuratively, not literally....