Sunday, February 12, 2006

Farewell to the exchange students

This year at ISB, we have had close to 50 odd exchange students from all over the world come over for a term or two. Thier presence has been quite conspicous, be it at the parties or the noise from thier all night quad parties (Every day...I might add).

I thin it was different experience and it was great fun interacting with all of them....here are a few of them saying goodbye


Hi everyone -- Today is my last day at the ISB. The last five weeks have definitely been the highlight of my MBA. I want to thank you all for making my experience here so great.
You can find my contact information below. Please keep in touch and don't hesitate to drop me a line if you're ever in San Francisco.
-Josh


The time has arrived for me to bid you farewell. I am so grateful to all of you that took the time to make me feel comfortable and at home. I hope that someday I can return the hospitality when you visit South Africa.

The University of Cape Town, Graduate School of Business is one of the most spectacularly located campuses in the world, surrounded by Table Mountain and the city harbour. The beaches are 10 minutes away and the vineyards about 20. Furthermore, you get good value for money holidaying in SA as compared to the UK or US. I'm almost certain that our school will be only too excited to host you even after you have completed your programme at ISB.

If you would like to stay in touch, here are my details:

Visegan Subrayen


and my favorite.....this one is from pakistan!!!

Dear all,

Faisal and I are off tomorrow morning, so we just wanted to thank you all for everything.

On a personal note, I can say that this has been one of the best experiences of my life. I wish that I could take many things back with me, but fortunately I take back what is most important i.e. great memories and friends who I know will be there for life. In the years to come, we will all be busy working and someday you or I may need each other for a cross-border business deal…and I know that I can count on many of you, and please remember that I will be there if anyone needs my help. But lets ensure that it’s not just business that keeps us in touch. I have said this many times “Please come to Pakistan”, and I will say it here again “Please DO come to Pakistan”. As they say in Spanish (as rusty as mine is) me casa es su casa, i.e. Your house is my house, so you all are welcome, and you can stay with me in Karachi.

As far as LUMS and ISB is concerned, many of you may not be aware, but this is the first exchange program between two colleges from India and Pakistan since partition. What is interesting is that partition was used to separate us, but initiatives like this are wiping out any boundary that exists. I think we all need to do many things in our lives for our countries, whether we hate the system or not, and we should work towards making relations between the two nations better. The ISB and LUMS partnership is an excellent example of a place where the minds of two countries meet, and we need to emphasize the need for such things later on in our lives. Maybe have a forum, or a ‘young professionals association’ that can meet once every year and discuss issues, locate opportunities and find synergies. Both the countries are booming economically, but we all know that one war can set us back 30 years. I feel that if people like you and I meet more often and create bonds, then we can speed up the change that is needed.

I could go on and on, but every good thing must come to an end. I thank you all for your hospitality, your support, your warm welcome and obviously the partying.

Special thanks to a few who I know I will miss dearly. So, Major, Pavit, Sunil lingo, Abi, Gary, Nilofer, Elaine, Shipra, Mallu, Pahwa, vivek, Mayank, Samir, Aleem, and last but not least, who can ever ever forget the Liqueur Baron of ISB, Mr Rajesh Mani. Obviously, if I have forgotten any names (as absent minded as I am right now with all the lat minute stuff), please…you all know that you are my special friends.

Last but not least, I hope that I did not offend any of you. If I did, I apologize and I doubt I ever meant it. Also, I hope that you all will encourage future ISB students to come to Pakistan.


For those who are interested Please add me to your MSN or GTALK. Also, I am getting my laptop formatted, so please, if you do reply to this…send it to

No comments: