Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Wii bit of magic

Finally, something truly fresh and interesting to write about....with my own twist on a business concept I have been mulling over for a while now......

 I recently got my a Wii gaming console with a whole bunch of exciting games.....Now I have tried the PS2, PS3, PSP....the works...but nothing comes close to the interactive element this brings to the table. A brilliant idea which the converts the sedentary gamer into an energetic one....The concept being simple: What do people really want in this day of closed doors and self sufficiency? To be able to bring home everything they needed to leave home for.....Home Theatre systems are good examples of the same and so are treadmills at home.

Now, when you play a game of tennis or boxing in Wii, you can actually interact with another entity, either the machine or a competitor....

 Swing your arms, learn the visuo-spatial tricks and truly experience the outdoors...but indoors!

 My question from a marketing standpoint though…..is this the future of things to come? Will computers in the future be made like this? Will this be the equivalent of touch screens in mobile phones?

 Wait n watch I guess….One thing it has succeeded in is….bringing non-gamers into gaming….. and made it into a pastime…rather than a niche hobby for youngsters!

 I believe, gaming parlors based on the Wii have already opened up in different places…..just imagine the possibilities!! This will make the next wave in general entertainment, not just the movie theater or the amusement park. It’s the new virtual reality entertainment business coming your way very soon. Keep an eye out for it.

 I can’t wait for it to unfold.

 Ciao

No comments: